Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tarts.
You can cook Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tarts using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tarts
- Prepare of Tart pastry:.
- It’s 165 g of all purpose flour.
- It’s 120 g of chilled salted butter, cubed.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized egg.
- You need of Filling:.
- Prepare 300 g of cream cheese.
- Prepare 100 g of mascarpone cheese.
- It’s 40 g of parmesan cheese.
- It’s 60 g of salted butter.
- It’s 200 g of fresh milk.
- You need 50 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 20 g of cornstarch.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk for brushing on top of the custard.
Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tarts step by step
- To make the crust: Stir in the flour and sugar together in a large bowl, then add the butter and rub in your fingertips until the mixture looks like crumbs..
- Break in the egg and work into the mixture with your fingers, breaking it together to form a soft dough..
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and shape it into a ball. Flatten with your fingers to a disc and wrap in cling film. Chill for at least 1 hour before using..
- After 1 hour, remove the dough from fridge. Dust your work surface (and rolling pin) with flour, roll the dough thinly, about 3-4 mm thickness. Use a 7 cm cutter to stamp the dough..
- Place the cut dough over a tart tin (mine is 5.5cm top/3cm base) and gently press it downwards. Using finger tips, gently press and mold the dough into the tart tin..
- Use a fork to poke holes at the base of the tart cases. Bake the tarts at 180C for 10 mins..
- The tarts will be slightly browned. Let them cool completely before use..
- To make the fillings: Add cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, parmesan cheese, fresh milk and salted butter into a thick-based pot. Keep whisking the mixture till everything is melted..
- Once the mixture has melted, add corn starch and icing sugar. Mix till well-blended, the mixture will thicken slowly..
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Mix till well-blended, the mixture will further thicken into custard. Taste the custard and if desired, add some sea salt to increase intensity of cheese taste..
- There may be still some fine lumps and grainy bits in the custard, sifting will yield a more velvety smooth custard. This is optional..
- Pipe the filling into the tart crust. Brush the top of the cheese tart with egg yolk..
- Bake the tart at 230 C for 6-7 mins until it's browned on top..
- Serve them hot from the oven, they taste better when hot/warm!.