Millet Chocolate Granola Bars.
You can have Millet Chocolate Granola Bars using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Millet Chocolate Granola Bars
- It’s 1 1/4 cups (100 grams) of oats.
- Prepare 1/4 cup (20 grams) of oats, finely ground, or 1/4 cup oat flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup (60 grams) of dried unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1/3 cup (65 grams) of millet flakes.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional).
- It’s 1 cup of (about 140 grams) chopped dried fruit.
- You need 1 cup (170 grams) of chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/4 cup (65 grams) of peanut butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil or coconut oil, warmed until liquefied.
- You need 1/4 cup of (about 85 grams) honey or golden syrup.
Millet Chocolate Granola Bars step by step
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line an 8-by-8 inch square pan with two sheets of parchment paper, extending each up two sides, forming a “sling” for your bars to make them easy to remove..
- In a large bowl, combine oats, oat flour or ground oats, coconut, millet, salt, cinnamon (if using), dried fruit and chocolate. In a separate, small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, oil and sweetener of choice until smooth..
- Pour wet mixture into dry and stir until combined. Transfer to prepared pan, spreading until flat, then use an addition square of parchment paper to protect your hand as you press, press, pressthe ingredients tightly into all corners of the pan, until they can be pressed no flatter..
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops are golden and the edges are light brown. Let cool completely before cutting; they’ll be even easier to cut without crumbling if you chill them in the fridge first, so feel free to cool them there..
- Once cool, use the parchment “sling” to lift bars from pan and transfer to cutting board. Use a sharp, serrated knife in a very gentle sawing motion to cut bars into desired sizes (I usually go for 16 2×2-inch squares)..
- Bars will keep at room temperature for up to a week in an airtight container.