Beef Fried Noodles (Thai style).
You can cook Beef Fried Noodles (Thai style) using 14 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Fried Noodles (Thai style)
- It’s 1/2 lb of Beef.
- It’s 3/4 lb of cabbage (Napa/Chinese or green).
- It’s 1/2 each of onion.
- Prepare 7 clove of garlic.
- It’s 4 each of Hot peppers (optional).
- It’s 6 each of fresh mushrooms.
- Prepare 6 oz of dried rice or egg noodles.
- It’s 3 each of eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk or cream (optional).
- Prepare of sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Hot sauce (optional).
- It’s of ground black pepper.
Beef Fried Noodles (Thai style) instructions
- Soak noodles in water 30 minutes before starting.
- Prep all ingredients before starting to cook.
- Slice beef thin, I got this thin steak on sale, sliced it in half, made 1/4 inch slices. I have not done (yet) but I would think you could use ground beef if you had it..
- Dice garlic and peppers, I just happen to have these hot little numbers, but any pepper will do, I've used jalapenos, Serrano whatever I happen to have..
- Dice onion.
- Slice your fresh mushrooms. I just have these baby Portobello, but button, trumpet, or what you have works..
- Slice you cabbage about 1/4 inch thick, in strips, I put it in a bowl I can reuse for the step during the cooking process when you need to hold the cooked stuff for a couple minutes..
- Break your eggs into bowl, added the milk/cream (I find it keeps the eggs a little more moist and stops them from over cooking) mix them up. Do a grind or two of black pepper and mix that in also..
- Add your sauce ingredients into a bowl or coffee mug, and mix well..
- Add 4 tablespoons oil to a stir-fry/wok/skillet. I'm using a 11 inch stir-fry pan in the pictures. Heat on medium high..
- After the oil is hot, added your beef, stir for about 1 minute until the pink is gone.
- Add garlic and peppers (if using) stir for about 1 minute..
- Add mushrooms and onions, stir for 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are slightly cooked..
- Add the cabbage, keep stirring until the cabbage is well wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the drained noodles. If the noodles you are using seem too long, I usually take a scissors to them and shorten them. Keep stirring until the noodles soften, and all is well mixed. Lower heat to medium..
- Give the sauce one last stir, and add to the pan. Stir through about 1 minute..
- Remove all to your bowl you used to hold the cabbage..
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan, allow to heat up..
- Give the eggs one last stir. Add to the pan..
- Let the eggs sit for about 30 seconds, then using a folding motion, stir for about 30 seconds until they are about half cooked..
- Add the noodle mixture on top of the eggs, and stir eggs through. Leave some "chunks" of egg..
- Serve, you can use some chopped green onions, chopped chives or cilantro to garnish if you desire..