Mike's DIM SUM Brunch. Dim sum is a style of Chinese cuisine. It is prepared as small bite-sized portions of food served in small steamer baskets or on a small plate. I LOVE Dim Sum and I LOVE buffets and having them together was a GREAT experience.
Our top recommendations for the best dim sum restaurants in Hong Kong with pictures, reviews, and details. Find the best in dining based on location The act of eating dim sum is called yum cha, which translates to "drink tea"; you'll find locals doing plenty of that throughout their meal (to aid digestion). Dim sum is a style of Chinese meal that involves many small plates of appetizers served with tea. You can cook Mike's DIM SUM Brunch using 27 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's DIM SUM Brunch
- You need of ● For The Garlic Ginger Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fine Minced Fresh Garlic.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Shredded Diakon Radishes.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Minced Fresh Ginger.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Light Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Rock Palm Sugar [or more to taste].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Quality Fish Sauce.
- Prepare of ● For The Dumplings [steamed].
- It’s of Pork & Vegetable Dumplings.
- Prepare of Seafood & Vegetable Dumplings.
- Prepare of Pork Wontons.
- It’s of Beef & Pork Pot Stickers.
- You need of Sweet Bean Desert Dumplings.
- You need of ● For The Bamboo Steamers.
- It’s as needed of Whole Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare as needed of Lettuce Leaves.
- You need as needed of Cabbage Leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Bamboo Leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Ginger Slices.
- It’s as needed of Thai Basil Leaves.
- You need of ● For The Sides.
- You need of Pickled Ginger.
- It’s of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Sweet Chili Sauce.
- You need of Quality Fish Sauce.
- You need of Diakon Radishes [shredded & soaked in rice wine vinager].
It's a great way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon The brunch is an experience. The weekly "Dim Sum Disco" will be held at swanky Chinese venue Maiden Shanghai, at the chic FIVE Palm Jumeirah Dubai hotel. The longstanding brunch – and former Time Out Dubai Best Party Brunch – had been held at the venue at Habtoor Grand Resort, Autograph Collection in Dubai Marina. The real brunch move is dim sum, grabbing small dishes off roaming carts, eating to your heart's desire.
Mike's DIM SUM Brunch step by step
- First, start with bamboo steamers. You can purchase these for under $20.00. I'd highly recommend purchasing 2 to 3 of these if cooking for more than two..
- Go to your local Asian market and purchase the dumplings, wontons and pot stickers of your choosing. I've never once found an inferior product there..
- Line your bamboo steamers with lettuce, cabbage or bamboo leaves to keep your dumplings from sticking to your bamboo tray. Bamboo leaves impart the most flavor but, if using lettuce or cabbage, add chunks of fresh ginger, garlic and place a Thai Basil leaf under each dumpling and to the side as pictured below for fullest flavor..
- Lined bamboo steamers with Thai Basil leaves. Try to keep your dumplings separate as so they don't stick together..
- Using a lifted rack or a basic ramikin, add water and steam frozen dumplings for 15 minutes. Don't allow bamboo rack to touch water..
- Add dumpling basket and cover..
- Seal dumplings tightly in an additional pot..
- Bahn bot loc steaming pictured..
- Fully steamed seafood and pork Bahn bot loc pictured..
- Prep your pot stickers. If you want a char on your pot stickers, simply pan sear them in a minimal amount of oil until browned..
- Fully steamed pot stickers pictured after 15 minutes..
- Chop all vegetables for your garlic ginger dip. Simmer for 10 minutes then chill..
- Serve with a myriad of dips like a quality fish sauce or sweet chili sauce. Also, serve on a bed of fresh chilled cabbage. Garnish with fresh Cilantro. Enjoy!.
- My spicy Nam Prik Sauce pictured..
- My Loose Thai Basil Sauce pictured..
- A delicious jarred DIM SUM Sauce pictured..
That being said, some weekend mornings just The best part of dim sum is that you're meant to try a little bit of everything—in other words, you have an excuse to cancel your brunch plans, hole. Dumpling Making + Dim Sum Beer Brunch. Of course the best part was the dim sum brunch afterwards with delicious local beer! Biting into Botika's new dim sum brunch will totally immerse your taste buds in flavors found throughout Asia, Latin America and even a few from. Lopez also took classic American brunch choices and gave them his own twist such as the fried chicken and waffles where the chicken is.