Beef stew # 2. There's no rule that beef stew needs a thickening agent. In fact, many recipes skip it, not just ours. 😉As the soup simmers, the potatoes give off plenty of starch, creating some of the most velvety. Beef Stew calls for simple ingredients, but it's a stunner!
A stew is a combination of solid food ingredients that have been cooked in liquid and served in the resultant gravy. Ingredients in a stew can include any combination of vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can have Beef stew # 2 using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef stew # 2
- Prepare 3 lbs of beef stew meat *Note* can coat with flour after seasoning.
- You need of Salt and pepper or use Greek seasoning for seasoning meat.
- Prepare 3 pound of bag baby potato cut into fourths I don't peel them.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of bag of baby carrots.
- You need 2 stalks of celery finely chopped.
- You need 1 of large yellow or white onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 2 (12 oz) of jars of beef gravy.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of parsley.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of mushroom seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt or seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 (10 oz) of can tomatoes with green chilies drained.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of sweet peas drained.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of butter beans drained.
This Beef Stew is easy to make and full of comforting flavors. I make it year-round for the entire The most important thing for beef stew is to buy the right cut, and it's surprising that cuts that start out. Stir up a succulent beef stew on a chilly evening. These meltingly tender beef casseroles and Asian-style spiced one-pots are perfect for casual Warm up with one of our comforting beef stew recipes.
Beef stew # 2 instructions
- Season beef as desired with salt and pepper or use Greek seasoning in slow cooker.
- Mix in carrots, potatoes, celery, garlic, tomatoes and water.
- Mix both jars of gravy with Worcestershire sauce, parsley. mushroom seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour on top and mix in well.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Stir in peas and butter beans in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
This easy beef stew recipe is my favorite. The rich beef gravy helps the hearty flavor of the potatoes and carrots to come through. It's the perfect homemade dish for a blustery winter day. For the beef stew, heat the oil and butter in an ovenproof casserole and fry the beef until browned on all sides. Food Network Kitchen's Beef Stew is a comforting slow-cooked dish filled with meat and veggies.