Slow-cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup.
You can have Slow-cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow-cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1 lb. of Boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz.) of Can black beans, rinsed.
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- You need 2 of bell peppers, chopped.
- You need 1 of white onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 c. of Cilantro, chopped (more for garnish).
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of tbsp.Cumin.
- It’s 1 of tbsp.chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of c.low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 c. of Monterey jack cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of small tortillas optional.
- Prepare of Optional: Avocado, sour cream and lime wedges for serving.
Slow-cooked Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, tomatoes, Cilantro, garlic, chili powder, Salt and chicken broth..
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked and falling apart, 5 to 6 hours..
- Shred chicken with a fork, then top soup with cheese and cover to melt..
- Meanwhile, make tortilla crisps: in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add tortilla strips and cook until crispy and golden, 3 minutes..
- Serve with desired garnishes..