Beef and lentil stew. Today's Beef and Lentil Stew is a true family favorite. It's a play off my mom's classic beef stew, substituting lentils for potatoes to enhance its Healthy Stew Recipe. It's hearty and filling with a robust beefy flavor.
Potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and onion add flavor. Add tomatoes with juice, lentils, beef broth, rosemary, and browned beef pieces to the skillet and stir well. Reduce heat, cover pot halfway with a lid, and simmer. You can have Beef and lentil stew using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef and lentil stew
- It’s of Large Bottom round roast.
- It’s 32 oz of beef broth.
- You need 1 box of organic lentil soup.
- Prepare 4 cups of baby carrots.
- You need 3 of large russet potatoes; cubed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white onion; chopped.
- You need 5 cups of frozen vegetable medley.
- It’s 1 package of dried egg noodles.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of liquid amino acid.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of tamari soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of each of.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- It’s of Paprika.
- It’s of Tumeric.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 can of roasted tomatoes.
- Prepare of Couple tsp Salt and lots of cracked black pepper.
Fragrant Beef Stew with Collard Greens and LentilsCertified Angus Beef. sea salt, Yukon gold potatoes, yellow onion, beef, garlic, collard. I had been craving beef stew, but felt like I've been eating a bit more meat than usual lately, so I decided to try to craft something just as rich, hearty How to Freeze Vegan Winter Lentil Stew. To freeze, I suggest dividing the stew into single portions, cooling completely in the refrigerator over night. Try this Beef and Lentil Stew recipe, or contribute your own.
Beef and lentil stew step by step
- Set crock pot to low. Add broth, roast, tamari, amino acids, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, turmeric, bay leaf, and can of roasted tomatoes. Cook for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so..
- Add carrots, potatoes, onion. Cook for 2 more hour; stirring intermittently..
- At this point, the meat wasn't as tender as I would have liked so I turned the heat setting to high, added noodles, and let cook for an addition hour and a half while stirring a bit more often so nothing stuck to the sides of my pot..
- Once the meat was tender enough to easily be pulled apart I sat my crock pot to warm and let cool for you 15 minutes..
- Thick, savory beef stew. Enjoy with crackers, preferably Ritz, and await impending nap. You're welcome..
This hearty stew is a favorite with our family, along with a basket of homemade breadsticks. Since lentils don't require the long soaking time that dried beans do, you can begin making this dish just an hour before supper—not the night before!—Carol Wolfer, Lebanon, Oregon. This Instant Pot recipe for Beef Lentil Stew is perfect for a busy weeknight when you need to get dinner on the table fast. Make a big pot and you have dinner done for a few days! Add lentils soaked in stock, seasoning, chopped tomatoes and juice, herbs and sugar.