Chicken Tortilla Soup.
You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1 of Onion,chopped.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic cloves,minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried oregano.
- You need 1 can of 28 oz. crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of Condensed chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 cup of Whole corn kernels,cooked.
- Prepare 1 cup of White hominy.
- Prepare 1 can of Chopped green chili peppers.
- You need 1 can of Black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 2 of Boneless chicken breast halves,cooked & cut into bite size pieces.
- You need of Optional.
- You need 1 of Crushed tortilla chips.
- Prepare 1 of Sliced avocado.
- You need 1 of Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped green onions.
- It’s 1 of Sour cream.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Suite on chili powder,oregano,tomatoes, broth and water. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 to 10 minutes..
- Store in corn, hominy, chilies, beans, cilantro, and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, and top with tortilla chips, avocado,cheese, and green onion..