tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes. While cleaning out the fridge I found barbecue sauce, red pepper jelly and hoisin sauce – the perfect trio for creating this this slightly tangy and sweet, utterly delicious roast.. Beef Pot Roast with Cider Gravy and Maple Sweet PotatoesBeef. Slow-roasted beef makes the ultimate Sunday lunch, served with wonderfully crispy roast potatoes.
You can substitute regular potatoes if you don't have sweet potatoes, but sweet potatoes really. Harissa Chicken with Leeks, Potatoes, and Yogurt. Savory beef brisket gets slow-cooked with potatoes and peppers in a deeply flavorful sauce. You can cook tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes peeled.
- It’s 1 of turnip peeled.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of 15 ounce can tomato sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of beef chuck or rump, boneless trimmed of fat.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
This version melds a vinegary tang with a touch of brown sugar, resulting in a deeply flavorful sauce that can be sopped up by the potatoes within. Add the turnips, potatoes, water or stock, salt to taste, and the bouquet garni. Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes Haiku: "Yay, no marshmallows! Savory sweet potatoes, glad that I found you!" Super easy recipe and delicious; I left mine in longer, stirring frequently enough that the sweet potatoes browned evenly, but my onions were a little burnt and shrivel-y.
tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes step by step
- heat oil in large dutch oven or stockpot over medium high heat. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Add the roast to pan and brown all sides. Using tongs remove it from pan and set aside…To same pan add leeks, sweet potatoes and turnip….( chopped of course).. and stir a few times, until veggies begin to brown…..
- whisk remaining ingredient in medium bowl.
- return meat to pan and add sauce.
- bring to boil…then cover…..reduce heat to low.
- turn roast every 20 minutes or so…until meat and veggies are tender about 1 1/4 hours.
- let rest 15 minutes….. enjoy.
Roast Beef with Chive Roasted Potatoes. It's hard to believe that last night's beef roast could get any better, but it shines in this heartwarming dish. I put potatoes in the bottom, covered by an onion, the roast over that, and filled in the sides of the slow cooker with baby carrots. I poured the sauce over top and left it alone. Slow Cooker Beef and Sweet Potato Stew with Corn and Chiles.