Sweet potato curry pie. A hearty and warming sweet potato chickpea curry recipe. This healthy vegetable curry is a cheap and easy dish. You could add chopped Finely chop the chilli, then peel and finely grate the ginger.
Keywords: vegetarian curry, sweet potato curry, red curry, yellow curry, curry paste. Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and hashtag it Vegetarian Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme. Recipes Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup. You can have Sweet potato curry pie using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato curry pie
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of onion, minced.
- You need 1 of habenero (or other chili pepper), minced.
- You need 16 oz of cubed sweet potato.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground tumeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked chicken, chopped.
- You need 5 oz of plain Greek yogurt.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough (Sweet Hawaiian, if you can find it!).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk.
A delicious twist on a family classic, this Curried Shepherd's Pie with a Sweet Potato Mash Topping is going to be your new favourite midweek meal! Subtly flavoured with Indian spices and topped with nutritious sweet potato, this recipe takes shepherd's pie to a whole new level – plus this version can. It is rich, sweet and hearty, with tomatoes providing a balancing acidity and the curry paste bringing uncompromising fire. This Sweet Potato Curry is a one-dish wonder that grants you immunity from even the most gluten-averse, meat-abstaining, fat-conscious houseguests.
Sweet potato curry pie step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in large pan and sauté minced onion, garlic, and chili for 2-3 mins over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the spices and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Add chicken broth and vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 mins or until vegetables are almost tender..
- Stir in Greek yogurt and cooked chicken..
- Taste test! Add salt or more spices if needed. If you’d like the sauce thicker, add some tapioca starch. If you’d like it thinner, add more chicken broth or water..
- Spoon into a casserole dish (or if you’re feeling fancy, into four individual croquettes). Cover with the unrolled (but intact) Pillsbury crescent roll dough. This works especially well if you use an oval-shaped casserole dish, otherwise you may need to rearrange a bit. If you’re using individual croquettes, two triangles per croquette works well..
- Beat egg with milk and brush onto crust. Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown, and serve!.
Curry powder is a blend of many spices and the flavor varies with the blend and various spices used. Those labeled "Madras" are hotter than those simply labeled curry powder. Sweet potatoes, bell peppers, tomatoes, and coconut milk follow. I love how the sweet potato breaks down, adding body and a hint of I prefer white-fleshed sweet potatoes for this recipe because they're starchier and hold up better to longer cooking. If you use orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, they will.