Easy Apple Pie Tart.
You can have Easy Apple Pie Tart using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Apple Pie Tart
- You need 1 1/2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour/maida.
- It’s 3/4 cup of (or 1 ½ sticks) cold butter, cut into small pieces.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4-5 of apples, peeled, cored and sliced.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of organic [turbinado cane sugar (or use regular sugar or brown sugar).
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need As required of Flour for dusting.
Easy Apple Pie Tart instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, stir flour and salt with a whisk. Add the chilled butter and mix with your fingers until the mixture forms coarse pea sized crumbs. You can do this in a food processor too (much faster) by pulsing the flour, salt and cold butter or use a pastry cutter..
- Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of chilled water and make a dough that comes together which is not sticky and that you can gather to form a ball. Do not handle the dough too much. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about 15 to 20 minutes..
- Grease the bottom and sides of a glass pie pan (9 or 10-inch) with butter and keep aside. While the pastry dough is chilling, peel, core and slice the apples into slices. Remove the chilled dough and on a floured surface, roll into a disc that is about at least 1 ½ inches larger than the bottom of the pie pan..
- Using rolling pin, gently lift the rolled dough and place on the pan. Press along the edges of the pan to fit the dough. Leave the edges rough, no need to crimp or make any design. Sprinkle some cane sugar over the bottom of rolled pastry pie dough (about 2 to 3 tbsp)..
- Start layering the slices of apples in a concentric circle until you fill it completely, overlapping the edges of the slices. Melt butter and brush over the sides (along the outer edge of the crust) and over the slices of apples. Sprinkle cinnamon powder and some more sugar over the apples. Fold the outer edge of the dough over the apple filling to cover it all around, like a galette..
- Return the unbaked pie to the fridge and start preheating oven to 400 F (205 C). Once the oven has reached the required temperature, remove unbaked pie from fridge, and bake at 400 F for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375 F (190 C) and bake until the crust is golden brown and apples have almost cooked; it took me 30 minutes more. The time taken to achieve this depends upon each oven. If you do not have a rotating stand in the oven, turn it around half way into baking..
- Remove and cool until warm. Serve hot or warm with a blob of whipped cream, a scoop of your favorite ice cream (vanilla goes best) or eat it as such! Happy Baking!.
- Notes You can toss the slices apples in cinnamon and sugar before layering instead of sprinkling it on the pie. If you do not have turbinado sugar, use normal granulated sugar or brown sugar. If you feel the edges of the pie crust are turning too brown, cover them with foil. Instead of brushing with butter, you can dot with blobs of butter over the filled pie before baking..