You can have Onion Rings using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Onion Rings
- Prepare 2 of Red or white onion –.
- Prepare 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp of Maida/all purpose flour –.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking powder –.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cornflour–.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Oregano or any dry herb –.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic powder –.
- Prepare 3/4 cup approx of Milk –.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Fresh bread crumbs –.
- It’s as needed of Salt –.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black pepper powder_.
Onion Rings step by step
- Slice onion into thick discs and separate the rings. You can use the middle tiny rings for your regular cooking. In a mixing bowl, first take the flour. Dust all the onion rings well to coat it. This is to ensure batter sticking to the onion later when we dip it in the batter..
- Now add corn flour, dried herb, garlic powder and baking powder, pepper powder to the bowl. Mix well with a whisk to ensure even mixing..
- Add milk and mix well to make a batter, neither too thick nor too thin, just to give a even coating to the onion..
- Dip each ring in the batter and arrange in a wire rack..
- Take bread crumbs in a plate or broad bowl. Coat each dipped onion ring with the bread crumb and arrange in the wire rack or another plate..
- Heat oil and put flame to medium. Fry the onion rings in medium flame until golden, turning once in between. Oil heat should be moderate, otherwise it will be darkening soon and wont be crispy. Drain in paper towel..
- Serve hot with sauce or mayonnaise dip..