Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup. Remove cinnamon, anise, and ginger; discard. Cook rice noodles according to package directions; drain. This Thai Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup recipe makes an easy, Asian-style meal that is perfect for lunch or dinner.
Pour in broth, carrots, and celery and bring to a boil. These spicy ramen bowls are insanely good! Paul and I basically licked our bowls clean and I've made this soup twice more since then. You can cook Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup
- Prepare 3 C of beef stock, low sodium.
- Prepare 1 C of water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sambal oelek, or 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 1 bottle of clam juice, 8oz.
- You need 1 oz of dried shiitake mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1 piece of ginger, 1" and peeled.
- Prepare 1 of star anise, (I didn't have one).
- It’s 1 of # shrimp, large, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 4 oz of uncooked rice noodles.
- You need 1/2 C of bean sprouts.
- It’s 1/2 C of cut green onions.
- You need 1/4 C of cilantro, fresh.
- You need of Lime wedges, on side if desired.
I'm a wee bit addicted to say the least! Feel free to keep things mild with just a dash of Sriracha or embrace the heat by adding extra, the spice level is up to you! This Thai shrimp noodle soup is full of so many great Thai flavors – lots of ginger, refreshing lime leaf and lemongrass, creamy coconut milk, noodles to warm up your soul and a handful of shrimp for protein. Like all my favorite flavors in one!!
Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup step by step
- Combine first 11 ingredients in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 12 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes. Remove cinnamon, anise and ginger; discard. Cook noodles according to package; drain. Place 1/2C noodles in each of 4 bowls and top each serving with 1C soup mixture and around 5 shrimp. Sprinkle with even amounts of sprouts, onions, cilantro and basil. Serve. Lime wedges on side if desired..
- Sambal oelek is hot sauce or paste from chile peppers. Substitute star anise with 1/2 tsp chinese 5 spice powder..
The best part about this soup is that it is super quick to prepare. Heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat. Easy Shrimp Noodle Soup Chinese Style Shirmp noodle soup is a light, filling and satiating Chinese style soup with lots of bok choy. This Easy Shrimp Ramen Soup is so much better than that packet of noodles!! Packed with vegetables, shrimp, and full of flavor!