Brad's cajun spiced Swedish meatballs. Swedish meatballs made with ground beef and pork are gently spiced, baked, and served with brown sour cream gravy in this old family favorite. Meatballs were super tender spices were perfect, nice and savory. Gravy was very good (I'm going to try less sour cream next time but I like a meatier gravy).
Swedish meatballs have Swedish origins and enjoy popularity across the U. There are nearly as many variations of the dish as there are home cooks. Savory spiced meatballs in a creamy, velvety sauce. without the schlep to Ikea. You can cook Brad's cajun spiced Swedish meatballs using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's cajun spiced Swedish meatballs
- It’s of For the meatballs.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of ground lamb.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 2 tbs of cajun spice.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- It’s 3 tbs of butter.
- It’s 3 tbs of flour.
- You need 1 of shallot, chopped.
- It’s 1 qt of half and half.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3 of beef bouillon cubes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of Rest of ingredients.
- Prepare of Prepared egg noodles.
- It’s of Grated parmesan cheese for garnish.
- It’s of Chopped parsley for garnish.
The Best Cajun Meatballs Recipes on Yummly Cajun Meatballs, Cajun Appetizer Meatballs, Cajun Turkey Meatballs. Cajun Chicken Meatballs in Tasty Cream SauceLittle Spice Jar. Swedish Meatballs – Nothing beats homemade meatballs smothered in a creamy gravy sauce, and When you have that swedish meatball craving, you can just defrost these babies overnight.
Brad's cajun spiced Swedish meatballs step by step
- Mix all the meatball ingredients and let sit for a half hour.
- Roll meatballs into desired size.
- Melt 1 tbs butter in a fry pan. Brown meatballs on all sides. Set aside.
- Melt 3 tbs butter in same fry pan. Prior to this discard any grease from meatballs..
- Saute shallot until it starts to brown. Add flour, garlic, and seasonings. Fry for a few more minutes. When flour starts to brown, slowly add half and half. Stir constantly..
- When cream is mixed in, sauce should be fairly thickened. Add bouillon and season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Add meatballs back to pan of sauce. Cook covered, 20 -25 minutes..
- Serve over egg noodles. Garnish with parsley and cheese. Serve immediately, enjoy..
Really a pretty basic sort of meatball with some spices that set it apart. I'd never had a Swedish meatball. Learn to make classic Swedish meatballs with Chowhound's straightforward, six-step recipe. Swedish meatballs can be served as an appetizer, as part of a smorgasbord, or star as the main event. They're small in size and, with their traditional sour cream sauce spooned over wide egg.