You can cook Lamb Meatballs using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lamb Meatballs
- You need of meatballs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of white onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juice.
- You need 1/3 cup of nonfat plain greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 lb of ground lamb.
- You need of Sauce for the meatballs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sherry.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of nonfat greek yogurt.
- It’s 1 tsp of arrowroot starch.
Lamb Meatballs instructions
- Combine all spices and seasonings with the bread crumbs.
- Mix in the lemon juice and yogurt.
- Combine bread crumb mixture and ground lamb, mixing well.
- Mix in the egg.
- Let sit in refridgerator for at least 1 hour.
- Form into balls (18-20) using a 1 1/2 Tbs measuring spoon.
- Spray pan with olive oil spray and heat on medium flame.
- Cook, turning once when browned.
- Remove to bowl then deglaze pan with chicken broth reducing to golden brown..
- Put sherry and broth in pot with the raisins while the meatballs are frying..
- Boil down until liquid volume reduced by half.
- Combine the yogurt and arrowroot starch.
- Mix yogurt into the reduced liquid with raisins and bring to low boil blending until smooth..
- Add liquid from pan deglaze.
- Either pour sauce over meatballs or serve separately.