Cream of Celery soup. A classic cream of celery soup. Like cabbage, celery is an oft neglected vegetable, prized for its place in a mirepoix, but rarely the star of the show. Celery soup, with a supporting cast of some onion, leeks, and a little cream, is utterly delicious, and the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day.
Come home to a warming bowlful of this scrumptious, low-fat soup. Satisfying and simple to make, this homemade soup is a great light This easy recipe for Creamy Celery Soup has no cream, making it a low-fat, vegan version of cream of celery soup that's healthy & delicious. Simple Celery Soup – one the BEST recipes! You can cook Cream of Celery soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream of Celery soup
- It’s of Soup stock.
- Prepare of celery.
- You need of diced sweet onion.
- It’s of light margerine.
- It’s of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s of white cooking wine.
- Prepare of salt (optional).
- You need of pepper.
- It’s of Cream base.
- You need of nonfat milk.
- It’s of evaporated milk.
- Prepare of parsley.
- You need of nutmeg.
If using cashew cream, adding a little splash of lemon juice, enlivens the soup. Pour the chicken stock into a large pot, and bring to a boil. This cream of celery soup is healthy, easy, fresh, delicious and light. It's naturally vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free (thanks to a little coconut milk).
Cream of Celery soup instructions
- Chop celery into small pieces. Use the entire bunch (~4 cups). Reserve the leaves for garnish..
- Chop onions into small chunks..
- Melt light margerine into a large saucepot or dutch oven. Add celery and onions and saute for ~5 minutes..
- Add wine, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes..
- While celery stock is on simmer, combine evaporated milk and skim milk and heat on low. Stir to keep from scalding..
- Remove celery stock from heat and let cool a few minutes. Run batches through a blender to puree the soup stock..
- Return pureed soup to pot and add cream base. Add parsley and nutmeg and simmer ~12 minutes..
- Serve hot garnished with a celery leaf, and a sprinkling of parsley or nutmeg..
- May be refrigerated for two days prior to serving..
It's a good thing holidays are spaced out fairly evenly…so I have time to pile on the greens between the mounds of chocolate. Welcome to my version of balance. Homemade Cream of Celery Soup is rich and comforting. Get the easy recipe and learn how to make a creamy soup with chunks of celery. You will find this cream of celery soup recipe amazing.