Blood orange carrot cake. Blood Orange Cake with a naturally-pink blood orange glaze (so pretty!). This recipe uses the entire orange, peel, pith and all. We're bringing a little color in this week, with a dish is swimming in textures and flavors, straddled on the line of savory and sweet.
Take your carrot cake to the next level with this truly lovely citrus and spice cake from a Bake Off finalist. For the cake, melt the butter in a saucepan then whisk in the sugar, eggs and orange oil until smooth and well combined. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground spices into a large mixing. You can have Blood orange carrot cake using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blood orange carrot cake
- You need 1 box of Duncan carrot cake mix.
- You need 1 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1 can of cream cheese frosting.
- It’s 2 of Blood orange.
- You need 1 of eggs.
- You need 1 of cooking oil.
This is the Best Carrot & Orange Cake this side of the Atlantic ! This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community. Sign in or create a My Good Food account to upload your own recipe creations. This is carrot cake, but not as you know it – the delicious, blood-orange soaked sultanas add such flavour to the already moist sponge, elevating the humble carrot to something rather special.
Blood orange carrot cake instructions
- Juice one blood orange and de-seed juice.
- Make carrot cake mix as directed, but sub water out for orange juice.
- Bake cake as directed on back of box.
- Empty cream cheese frosting into a big mixing bowl.
- Zest blood orange to taste into frosting, i used 2 tablespoons.
- Cut second orange in half and squeeze about 2 tablespoons of juice into frosting.
- With mixer, blend 4 minutes or until mixed well.
- When cake is completely cool frost with blood orange frosting and enjoy.
Add some pizzazz to crowd-pleasing carrot cake with sweet, crunchy pecans and orange-citrus. Blood Orange Pound Cake is the pretty pink twist on the classic recipe. Citrus zest inside and juice for the glaze not only make for a pretty cake but a flavorful citrus one as well. I posted this recipe on the Instagram yesterday but figured I'd put it right here too so it's easily printable and readable. This homemade pineapple carrot cake recipe is loaded with carrots, pineapple, and warms spices.