Jumbo Blueberry Muffins.
You can have Jumbo Blueberry Muffins using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
- Prepare of Diabetic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 5 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of eggs, room temperature preferred.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk**.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canola oil ( or vegetable oil or melted coconut oil).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries.
Jumbo Blueberry Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Spray your muffin tin of choice or line with muffin liners. Set aside..
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix together until dry ingredients are combined. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Add in milk, oil and vanilla. Mix well..
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything by hand. Avoid over-mixing. Gently mix until all the flour is off the bottom of the bowl and no big pockets of flour remain..
- This batter will be very thick and somewhat lumpy. Fold in the blueberries..
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, filling them all the way to the top..
- Bake at 425° Fahrenheit for 5 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 375° Fahrenheit and continue cooking for another 25 – 26 minutes until lightly golden and center appears set..
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Store muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Muffins freeze well up to 3 months..
- **Buttermilk is preferred for the moisture textures 1% or higher milk fat of regular milk would be fine. Almond milk or soy milk are ok too..
- This recipe makes 12 jumbo muffins. Enjoy :).